People in the UK are looking to rent outdoor space like never before, the opportunity is huge. Individuals and businesses want to rent land or gardens for private functions (weddings, parties) and for business functions (corporate, festivals).
If this is something you would like to consider but don't know where to start with marketing or the practical implications, then we hugely recommend talking to Borrow My Garden. Not only do they have a highly cost effective listing option (you pay to list your land on their website, and people can find you directly off that) they also have a mentoring service where they help guide you through the things you need to bear in mind.
What do you need to consider?
• Work out what your boundaries are (what are you happy to take, weddings, festivals, corporates, camping etc)
• Work out your costs/charges
• Terms for clients, ie leave space as found, start and finish times
• Speak with your neighbours this may affect
• Depending on the event, you may need the police involved-speak with them before starting they can advise what they require you to do
• Look at preferred suppliers, marquee, tipi, toilet, caterers etc, so you can work with people you trust and will look out for your land. This can become another revenue stream for you
• Do you want an event manager to look after all your events? (The client would pay for them as part of your terms, and again means you have someone you trust on site.
What are the practical things to sort out?
You will need to ensure you have
• PLI (Public Liability Insurance)
• Health & Safety, Risk Assessments
• TEN’s (Temporary Event Notice) https://www.gov.uk/temporary-events-notice
• Visit Britain, Good To Go tick (Covid Secure venue) https://www.visitbritain.org/business-advice/were-good-go-industry-standard (it’s free but shows you are Covid secure, events will come back in Covid secure venues first)
• Any other relevant licenses depending on where you are (we recommend speaking with you council)
Exclusively to The Business Barn users, Borrow My Garden are offering 3 FREE months listing on their website, with no obligation to stay on after three months.
Ususual price £250 / year or £25 / month.
Search www.borrowmygarden.co.uk or email Hello@borrowmygarden.co.uk or call Claire on 0776 966 0744