Planning technical support assistant
Full time - Based in Worcestershire
Moule & Co specialise in achieving planning permission for exciting projects in the rural sector. We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic person to support our small planning team and help us deliver a fantastic service to our valued clients.
We are independent Planning Consultants and Rural Chartered Surveyors operating across the Midlands and working with a wide range of property, agricultural and rural business clients. We pride ourselves on delivering the best service and helping our clients to achieve their dreams. We are now in the process of expanding and re-branding our planning consultancy and have ambitious plans to develop this further. As a fast growing, dynamic business with exciting prospects, we maintain a high level of professionalism whilst offering a friendly, relaxed working environment and flexible working arrangements.
Job title: Planning Technical Support Assistant
Hours: Full time, with flexible working opportunities
Location: To be primarily based at our main office at Millridge Farm, Hartlebury, Worcestershire, DY11 7YQ. Some remote work is possible. Your own transport is essential.
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 starting salary (depending on experience)
Whilst experience of the planning sector would be advantageous, we would also be happy to train the right person for this role. This will be a technical, client facing role and so is an opportunity for a person to come into and train within a professional environment, learning the technical skills as you gain experience. From the outset however, you will need to be a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat, committed attitude. The role is predominantly to provide mostly technical support, mixed with administrative and customer service elements. To be successful in the role, you would need to be super organised and attentive with a keen eye for accuracy and detail. You must be comfortable with computers and general office tasks and maintain a calm and professional approach to working alongside everyone in the team. Of course a willingness and desire to learn, gain experience and develop your own skills and expertise is imperative.
- Carrying out technical research for planning projects
- Working with our senior planning consultants to draft planning application submission documents
- Liaising on behalf of other members of the team with clients, local authority planning departments and third party consultants
- Producing plans and working with mapping software
- Taking enquiries and assisting clients
- Managing application dates and checking progress
- Helping with general office tasks such as filing and arranging meetings
- Other tasks and assistance as required to support the other members of the team
- An interest in the planning system and desire to progress your knowledge in this area is essential
- Previous experience in planning would be useful, but is not essential and training will be given
- Up to date computer skills especially typing and use of Microsoft Office
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organised
- A good communicator
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others
How to apply
For an informal, confidential discussion please telephone Sally Moore on 07793 099377. To apply, please send your CV together with a handwritten cover letter to Miss Sally Moore, Moule & Co Ltd, The Farm Office, Millridge Farm, Parsons Lane, Hartlebury, Worcestershire, DY11 7YQ. If shortlisted, this will be followed up by a telephone / video conference interview.