Horticultural Technical Sales Manager
Have recent events left you looking for a role with a growing company? Are you a professional with experience of sourcing new and prospective clients in the horticultural sector, are hungry for success, and would like the security of working with a friendly team at Gem House, our brand new, purpose-built office & warehouse?
We offer a great opportunity for genuine career development and are currently seeking confident Technical Sales Managers with excellent sales and management skills, who are commercially astute, numerically sound and take pride in attention to detail. You must enjoy working in a busy, often hectic, environment but also more strategically during quieter times.
Widely viewed as the fastest growing and most innovative independent company in our industry, we have an appetite and reputation for finding the right people and pushing them for success. Sustainable growth even through the last year has seen us recruit further staff & recently expand our office and warehouse facilities.
We strive to provide an exceptional service to our customers across many exciting large and niche sectors including Horticulture, Sports, Amenity, Turf, Forestry, Equestrian, Utilities, Rail, Infrastructure, and many more.
As part of our progressive growth plan, we currently have openings for proven Technical Sales/Account Managers in the Horticultural sector.This is an innovative and diverse role where you will be responsible for overseeing and developing your sales ledger, whilst offering the most up-to-date technical advice in order to help our existing high-profile customer base.
You will have a proven track record of sales with relevant industry experience, commercially savvy, and have a good understanding of our customer base & the products we sell, potentially advising on new products or sectors. You will be highly organised and be able to keep cool under pressure. You will have excellent IT skills and be familiar with Outlook, CRM systems, customer databases, Office, and various web-based programs.
A BASIS, FACTS, or other relevant industry qualifications would be advantageous, although continuous training will be offered. Drive and self-motivation are essential.
We offer a highly attractive salary along with a bonus scheme and a generous 23 days’ holiday per year plus public holidays. There will, of course, be further progression available.
As part of our commitment to our team, you will also be entitled to Private Healthcare, Gym Membership & recreational team building days. The company regularly partakes in social activities and offers company incentive schemes, highlighting our team culture in line with our “Always Great” company values.
Roles & Responsibilities
Your role will include, but not limited to the following tasks;
- To develop & manage your current & new customer base of commercial growers & other relevant companies, helping them to maximise their crops.
- Utilise your sales ability and technical knowledge to consult growers and introduce them to the products and technology that we have available.
- You will help build relationships and partnerships to deliver commercial results.
- To oversee and develop working predominantly from our Head Office in Lincoln.
- This may include; Lead generation. Assisting in the development of our product range. Assisting & creating of PR & marketing opportunities including open days, trials sites & trade shows.
- To prospect new leads & look at adding additional value to existing customers that may be handed to you.
- To respond to calls, emails & customers where you will advise them in a technical manner to assist with their requirements.
- To be involved with any sales driven marketing campaigns. To be involved with technical & commercial meetings with regards to products & market positioning.
- To attend various trade shows & events, some of which may require an overnight stay. To work against your own tailored margin sales budget.
This is a full-time position working from 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday-Friday, although due to the seasonality of the position, hours will more than likely be higher in the Spring. There may be exceptions such as busy periods or Trade Shows where you may have to work different hours, evenings or Saturdays. Advanced notice would be given to any of the above.
You will be working from our head office Gem House, Unit 6, Riverside Enterprise Park, Saxilby, Lincoln, LN1 2FU, although we would expect you to be on the road visiting customers when required.
BASIS, FACTS or other relevant industry qualifications would be advantageous, although continuous training will be offered.
We are offering a highly attractive salary along with a bonus scheme. There will also be further progression available. You will be entitled to 23 days’ holiday per year (plus public holidays). We would request that holidays are not taken through the busiest time, typically March-July (although exceptions could be made).
As part of our commitment to our team, you will also be entitled to Private Healthcare, Gym Membership & additional training specific to your role. The company regularly partakes in social activities and offers company incentive schemes, highlighting our team culture in line with our “Always Great” company values.
To apply through the website please click here. This is a unique opportunity to propel change personally and within the industry. To find out more about joining us on our exciting journey please send your latest CV in strictest confidence to our UK Sales Manager : firstname.lastname@example.org